If you’re sick of trying to locate the different remotes for every piece of gear in your home theater arsenal, RCA’s universalare perfect for reducing the clutter on your coffee table and inside your couch cushions.
For this guide, we’ll be using the automatic code search method, which allows you to pair devices in a relatively quick and painless manner. Before you start, do be aware that it does occasionally take some trial and error, so set aside a little time and remember to be patient.
First, grab your new remote and make sure it has batteries in it and that the components and devices you want to be synced are all hooked up. If not, plug everything in just how you want it. There’s nothing worse than trying to set up a universal remote only to realize your TV and receiver — or another component — simply aren’t connected.
Now that everything is hooked up, get ready to program your remote control. Here’s a step-by-step guide to take control of everything with that single RCA device:
- Turn on the component or device that you want to set up.
- Press and release the button that corresponds with the component that you’re programming. For example, if you want the remote to control the TV or Blu-ray player, hit and release the TV button or Blu-ray button. The on/off button will light up and should remain lit.
- Now, simultaneously press and hold the component button and the on/off button. The illuminated on/off button will turn off. Then it should turn back on.
- Release both buttons after the on/off button relights. It should remain on.
- Now, press and release the play button on the remote. If the component that you’re programming does not turn off after 5 seconds, continue to hit the play button every five seconds until the component turns off.
- Next press and release the reverse button. Wait to see if the component turns back on, and press it every three seconds until it does.
- Press and release the stop button to save the programming for the device in the remote’s memory.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for each additional device you wish to program.
If you don’t press the buttons correctly, you might mess up the syncing process. This is the main reason why it might take some trial and error to get the remote set up.
RCA’s remotes are great if you’re looking for something simple and functional, but sometimes you’re looking for something more — something that can act as the total command center for your living room and even your smart home. If that sounds more your speed, be sure to check out our list of the best universal remotes available.
Published at Mon, 11 Feb 2019 17:07:56 +0000